Where best to start reading a blog that features about 130 cold cases and holds 1000+ posts?
I placed myself in the shoes of someone new to DCC and asked myself “where would I start?”
Here are my suggestions.
- Scroll up and down the home page to get an overview of the latest cases and news.
- Note the categories in the right hand margin and the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Read the tab “Cold Cases 101” in the top menu bar first to get a feel for what I do, how it is done, and why.
- Read the tab “About” in the top menu bar.
- Read the 1967 case of Officer Robert Lawrence Tatman to get an overview of the various stages a cold case goes through and to see how the department handles and reacts to cold cases.
- Check the “Cases” tab in the top menu bar to find cases listed by the victim’s last name.
- Explore in the category section in the right hand menu what kind of posts you wish to explore first as there is a wide variety.
- Explore the category “Guest Bloggers” in the right hand margin.
- Find your point of interest e.g. by area, type of crime, or theme and start exploring the rest of the site.
- Let me know your thoughts via the “Contact” page.